Monday 23 April 2012

Flower Cupcakes

I have a little bit of a cupcake obsession at the moment as I recently purchased my first set of icing nozzles so am experimenting with various decorating methods rather than varieties of baking. These flower cupcakes are for the girls at work in my department as I have been promising to bring in what I make for ages. Now that I finally have a car (yay!) I can bring these in without having to negotiate two buses and a walk!
As usual, I used my standard basic cupcake recipe for the cake. I made 16 this time but 4 were experimenting with different cases and tins so do not feature in any of the pictures! The thing I was most excited about in this bake was the frosting. I’ve recently discovered we have the food network on freeview from 6-10pm and they show a lot of cupcake programmes. I’ve heard and seen a lot about marshmallow buttercream so after googling it I discovered it was made with marshmallow fluff which is something I’ve wanted an excuse to buy for ages!
For this particular frosting I used the plain vanilla one (which comes in massive tubs) as I wanted to colour it green but I also bought a raspberry one too for future use which tastes amazing! I’ve been excited all week to try it and it was definitely a success. One thing I will be looking to change in future is the size of the round nozzle I used as I think it needs to be thicker so it doesn’t need to go round so many times.
I topped the frosting swirls with icing flowers I made from regal ice with a dot of white icing in the middle to make it look like a flower! I think these look really cute and girly while still being really simple so let’s hope the girls at work like them!

1 comment:

  1. I must say they taste amazing!!! More please :-)

    ReplyDelete