Saturday 5 May 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Gorgeously gooey in the centre with a slight crunch round the outside, perfect chocolate chip cookies! I came across this recipe on yummly while looking online for the pecan cookies I did 2 posts ago and decided I needed to try it out. A rainy afternoon was the perfect opportunity and they were excellent with a cup of lady grey tea and a Disney movie!
These are ideal comfort food and it’s, yet again, a really simple recipe that yields around 30 cookies! At many stages during this recipe the mixture looks less than appealing but I promise it will be all good in the end. Also, once you’ve worked those muscles and mixed in all the flour and chocolate chips the mixture will look a little crumby. Don’t worry though because once you put it into balls it will hold just fine. I flattened my cookies a little when they had 5minutes left in the oven to help them spread as this is an issue I always seem to have with my cookies.
This recipe is very sweet, the chocolate chips actually help balance it out if you can believe it. It’s an American recipe and so typically has an awful lot of sugar in it. If I made these again I might try leaving out half a cup and seeing how that went as while I do love sweet things, I’d rather avoid having my teeth fall out or develop diabetes as I’m sure all you would too.
While I prefer my cookies warm, these stay soft on the inside even after they’ve cooled and you can always pop them in the microwave for a bit for added gooeyness! I also think this mixture would last a while in the fridge like the pecan cookies and so you could always cook yourself a couple whenever you fancy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment