Thursday 17 May 2012

Lemon Shortbread

Another recipe from the lovely yummly site! I had originally wanted to make a chocolate orange cake but I didn’t have the necessary equipment so I’ve added that to my list of things to do! I did a quick online search looking for something fresh and simple and came across this. I’m a massive fan of shortbread and haven’t made any since my chocolate version back in February. I chose this one because it used real lemons and the use of cornflour and icing sugar suggested it would be nice and light.
And it was! It was hard work again for my mixer though so I think it needs a rest after these last two recipes I made. When making any new recipe it is always a good idea to read the entire recipe before starting. I’m pretty sure I’ve said this before and yet I still haven’t learnt. As most of my recipes are ‘chuck it in a bowl and mix’ I naively thought this would be the same so I started out using my biggest bowl. However, it turns out you are just prepping the dry ingredients in that bowl and they’ll need to be added to a different (preferably your largest bowl) later.
Once you’ve prepared the ingredient in their three separate bowls it’s just a case of added the flour and buttermilk alternately until it’s all thoroughly mixed together. This mixture does need an our to chill in the fridge so also make sure you have time to accommodate that before you start! My rolls weren’t very cylindrical and any roundness they did have was removed when slicing the rolls into the individual biscuits. While they still taste great and the recipe worked really well, I do wish the presentation (as always!) was slightly better so I might work it a little differently in the future.
This is however definitely one for the recipe binder and I will be making it again. I made around 60 little biscuits with this recipe and they’ve lasted about a week in my house now! Perfect with a cup of tea for a little sweetness.

No comments:

Post a Comment